Each day of our summer series offers a 2-part workshop designed to help job seekers gain more than the essential skills to move forward with success. With the flexibility to attend the morning workshop, the afternoon workshop, or both, our series allows you to select the content you need.
On June 28th, we will be offering the following workshops at the Marriott Medical Center
9:00 am - 12:00 pm - Using LinkedIn to Network and Apply for Jobs
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - Lunch on your own
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Agency Recruiters and Headhunters: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Using LinkedIn to Network and Apply for Jobs
This interactive 3-hour workshop includes:
- An overview of the various ways participants can utilize LinkedIn for networking and job applications;
- A group analysis of profiles of various employees in different roles at diverse organizations that cover the spectrum of careers in various fields to understand the traits and content of an effective LinkedIn profile;
- An examination of messages sent to recruiters, hiring managers, and department leaders to understand what appropriate and inappropriate messages contain;
- Participants will learn the how to leverage LinkedIn groups for effective networking;
- An overview of how social media can be used for personal branding, and how to effectively do so on LinkedIn; and
- Individuals will conduct practice searches for relevant contacts to specific, currently open job opportunities.
Agency Recruiters and Headhunters: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
This interactive 3-hour workshop includes an overview of the various roles of a placement partner, and how to:
- Locate/ identify the right placement partner(s) for you, including questions to ask upfront;
- Approach them about existing and upcoming opportunities;
- Work with them at various points throughout the job search process;
- Keep the lines of communication open;
- Determine if they have your back (or the employers);
- Know when to terminate the relationship.
Participants will leave with a solid understanding of the role of this industry, its benefits, and its cautionary tales. Upon completion of our workshops, each participant will have the opportunity to participate in a virtual “Ask Me Anything” session with one of The Wilbanks Consulting Group’s Expert Consultants.
*Our workshops focus on active, real-time editing. Participants should bring a laptop, or alternatively, a smartphone. If one is not available, we recommend bringing a printed copy of your resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
Self-Parking is available at the Marriott for $7 per day.
For the 25% off Student or Unemployed Professional Discount, use code: summer16
Workshops are offered on first-come-first-serve basis on eventbrite. Our workshops have limited seating, and sell out quickly, so please register ASAP.
There will be no refunds once payment is made. Participants who cannot make the workshop as planned may apply the payment as a one-time credit transfer for a future workshop.
For more information on our Summer Career Development Series, visit: http://www.wilbanksconsulting.com/workshops/